Things you, hypothetical reader, could know about me:
1. My name is not Gogo, but "Waiting for Godot" is one of my favorite plays. My best friend Didi and I met in college -- I'd traveled from Cincinnati and she from Bulgaria. We wait for Godot together.
2. I was a teaching assistant in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria for the 2012-2013 school year. The exchange program in which I participated sends Americans like me all over the world to teach English. I'd never been to Bulgaria before setting off for that year. Upon boarding my flight to Sofia, I knew only two sentences in Bulgarian: Обичам те ("I love you") and ти си кучка ("You're a bitch"). Thanks, Didi.
3. Just to be clear, this blog is my individual account of my life during a year abroad. Its purpose is for personal documentation and communication, and I don't speak for anyone else.
4. This is a blog about my experience in Bulgaria, but it's also a blog about other things, too, because I want to have a decent record of what it was like to be a Gogo for a year. As the great Ron Swanson once said, "Don't half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."
(5. I lied. I actually third-ass three blogs. My catch-all, mostly silly blog is here: tornbread.tumblr.com. My media studies junkie blog is here: medialist.tumblr.com)